The United States Embassy in Venezuela is committed to enhancing educational opportunities for students and teachers interested in English as a Second Language throught the State Department's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the Department of State. We must mention that we do not host English classes at the US Embassy.
The Office of English Language Programs creates and implements high quality, targeted English language programs overseas to promote mutual understanding between the United States and other countries. Staff, including overseas-based Regional English Language Officers, plan, conduct and support programs sponsored by American Embassies and Consulates.
Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, the Embassy hosts a number of American English teachers, placed at different institutions throughout Venezuela. If you would like more information about this or any of our English Language Programs, please contact the Cultural Attaché by going to contact us, and writing to the IRC.
The following links are external and not maintained or affiliated with the United States Government:
- ECA’s American English Online: Websites for English teachers who wish to include art, business, education, and science and technology in their classroom topics. Websites for teachers who work with young learners. Websites for learners that include games, grammar practice, and multimedia resources. Websites for all on U.S. history, life, art, and music.
- ABCTeach: Free material collection for writing practices.
- Boggle's World: A resource site for TEFL and ESL teachers who teach elementary and middle school English, ESL and EFL to kids.
- Breaking News English: Ready-to-use EFL / ESL lesson plans based on current affairs. Graded news articles, listenings and communicative activities uploaded daily.
- Center for Applied Linguistics: CAL is a private, non-profit organization: a group of scholars and educators who use the findings of linguistics and related sciences in identifying and addressing language-related problems. CAL carries out a wide range of activities including research, teacher education, analysis and dissemination of information, design and development of instructional materials, technical assistance, conference planning, program evaluation, and policy analysis.
- Developing Teacher: Website for the developing language teacher.
- Electronic Archives for Teaching the American Literatures: Electronic Archives contain essays, syllabi, bibliographies, and other resources for teaching the multiple literatures of the United States. The Archives are designed as a complementary resource to the electronic discussion list, T-AMLIT. The Electronic Archives are created and maintained by the Center for Electronic Projects in American Culture Studies (CEPACS) at Georgetown University's American Studies Program. The Archives are sponsored by Georgetown University and the D.C. Heath Publishing Company.
- ESL Flow: Here you will find a variety of activities and lesson plans designed specifically for vocabulary instruction for English language learners.
- ESL Teacher Handouts, Grammar Worksheets & Printables: A selection of free English grammar worksheets and printable handouts, for English language and English as a Second Language (ESL) teachers and instructors to use in the classroom or other teaching environment.
- The Essentials of Language Teaching: From the National Capitol Language Resource Center (NCLRC). General information on language teaching theory and method. Shows specific ways of applying theory in teaching grammar, listening, speaking, reading, writing, and culture.
- EverythingESL.net: This site contains resources for ESL teachers, including lesson plans, teaching tips, and classroom activities.
- Experiencias en la Enseñanza del Inglés en Educación Infantil y Primaria: Util para maestros que enseñan un segundo idioma en Educación Infantil y Educación Primaria. Incluye ejemplos de desarrollos didácticos como "Unidades didácticas de inglés".
- Learning Page: Huge collection of professionally produced instructional materials.
- The Learning Page: For teachers Lesson plans and activities for using primary sources in the classroom.
- Learning Vocabulary Can Be Fun has excellent online games, including Hangman and Wordsearch. Requires Flash plugin.
- National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition & Language Instruction Educational Programs: NCELA collects, analyzes, synthesizes and disseminates information about language instruction educational programs for English language learners and related programs.
- NY Times Learning Network: News summaries, crossword puzzles, test preparation, word of the day, web tours, and current events.
- Pearson Brown's Business English Exercises: English grammar lessons.
- Punctuation Made Simple: A small, simple site with some rules and examples for problematic forms of English punctuation.
- Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL): The U.S. Department of Education invites U.S. teachers to apply for the Teaching Ambassador Fellowship. Teaching Ambassadors work for one year for the U.S. Department of Education, either full time in Washington, DC, or part time in their home states. As Fellows, teachers bring their education, experience, and talent t...o education policy discussions in the Department.
- Voice of America: Sound files on a wide range of programs, resources, and news. In particular, see the Special English section with links to scripts, resources for young learners, games, talking dictionaries, and more.
- Better English: Offers free online exercises and quizzes as well as a mailing list for teachers and students.
- Dave´s ESL Cafe: Meeting place for ESL and EFL teachers and students from around the world.
- ESL.net--ESL Resources: This site contains ESL links for students, teachers, and children. Links to ESL magazines, games, and idioms are also included.
- ESL Wonderland: This site offers lesson plans and other materials for teachers. Links for students are also included.
- Interesting things for ESL Students: [ Teens/Mature Teens ] Includes quizzes, games, and puzzles to help students learning English.
- Karinas ESL Partyland: Pruebas interactivas, foros de discusión, lecciones interactivas de temas variados, chats, etc.
- Lyrics.com: Look up the words to your favorite songs (no more guessing!).
- Story Archives: Este sitio es de las noticias de CNN para aprender inglés. Esta dividido por temas (aventuras, crimen, desastres, educación, política, ciencia, el medio ambiente, etc.) y por niveles. Tiene además instrucciones para el maestro.
- The Tower of English: Helps ESL students and teachers quickly find the best places on the Internet to practice real English! You'll find about 300 fun and interesting websites in 34 different categories.
- Words & Tools: Ofrece pruebas y ejercicios interactivos para los aprendices de inglés y español como segunda lengua. La sección de ingles contiene pruebas de diagnóstico de vocabulario y ejercicios, gramática inglesa y crucigramas interactivos para los estudiantes.