Expedited appointments for applicants who need to travel urgently may be granted in the following circumstances:
- To receive or continue receiving medical treatment in the United States.
- To visit a family member who is very ill.
- To attend a family funeral.
- To attend the first day of classes as a student.
- To participate in an urgent business trip or meeting.
If your situation meets one of the above criteria and you would like to apply for an expedited appointment, please send us an e-mail and include the following information:
- Your full name and the full names of any accompanying family members
- The date of your appointment
- The date you are planning to travel
- A brief description of your reasons for requesting an expedited appointment
- For student and exchange-visitor visas, your your I-20, DS-2019 or, for petition-based visas, your petition number
Please do not include excess attachments. The total size of your e-mail should not exceed 1MB