Expedited appointments for applicants who need to travel urgently may be granted in the following circumstances:
- To receive or continue receiving medical treatment in the United States.
- To visit a family member who is very ill.
- To attend a family funeral.
- To attend the first day of classes as a student.
- To participate in an urgent business trip or meeting.
If your situation meets one of the above criteria and you would like to apply for an expedited appointment, please refer to the Visa Information Service webpage, select Non-Immigrant Visa and follow the on-screen instructions.